Territory Manager – Craft Beer
Hoyne Brewing Company – North Vancouver Island (Nanaimo North, negotiable)
|Territory Manager (Dual: OnPremise and Retail, FT)|
Located in the heart of Victoria’s brewing district, Hoyne Brewing has just celebrated it’s 5th year anniversary. To help continue our growth we are adding an additional Territory Manager to our Island sales team.
- To professionally represent Hoyne Brewing and continually increase distribution and sales of Hoyne Brewing’s products within a dedicated territory
- Develop and implement a territory sales plan identifying key short and long term opportunities.
- Deliver superior customer service by being highly responsive, providing promotional support, and finding creative ways to add value for our customers.
- Support events and provide product knowledge to accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with accounts and local community groups.
- Schedule and conduct in store tastings.
- Attend occasional events in Victoria and off Island.
- Represent Hoyne in a professional manner at all times
- Must be a self-starter: self-motivated, honest, hard working, and have a passion for craft beer.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (outlook, excel)
- Professional communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, accurate and detailed oriented
- Must be able to travel as necessary to service accounts and help with deliveries if necessary
- Strong analytical skills-ability to analyze sales trends in the territory and share this information with management and sales team
Education & Experience:
- Beverage Alcohol, Hospitality or liquor store experience
- Business/marketing/tourism education is an asset.
- Extended health benefits provided following 6 months.
- Company car, ipad and cell phone provided.
How to Apply:
- Include your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format, please name your favourite beer and why! Email your resume to: email@example.com
Required experience: Sales and/or hospitality industry: 2 years
Required license or certification: Clean Driving Record
Growler Station Representative –Full time, Tuesday – Saturday
Do you Love craft beer, have lots of energy, have a ‘Yes!’ attitude and find it easy to converse with the public? We are looking for a personable, enthusiastic and hardworking individual to be a part of our growler station team. If you enjoy working in a high paced, dynamic environment then read on!
This person is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and providing the best possible experience to all of our brewery customers by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty. In addition to the excellent customer service you will provide our customers, you will be responsible for counting inventory and restocking, using our POS system, keeping the growler station and other areas clean and performing the daily cash out. This position requires some heavy lifting as well as managing keg rentals and returns. You will also support the office with various administration duties such as filing, answering the telephone or other various tasks.
Who we are looking for:
Someone who is reliable & trustworthy, dynamic, creative, loves craft beer and truly enjoys interacting with the public. We are looking for a self-directed, tidy, confident individual who has a positive can-do attitude. Customer service or hospitality experience is highly desired. Having a Serving it Right Certificate is mandatory for this position.
If you think you are the right fit for our company, are a Hoyne beer enthusiast and have a passion for craft beer in general, stop by the growler station (Mon – Fri noon – 6pm & Sat 11am – 6pm) with your resume. We will not be accepting any resumes via email. Deadline is Friday, July 9th, 2016. The position will commence immediately.
In celebration of Victoria Beer Week, we invite you to join our Out of Bounds Pub Journey!
From March 4th – March 12th, pick up your Out of Bounds passport at the Hoyne Growler station or any participating pub listed. You will then be on your way to winning some awesome prizes!! Simple enough- enjoy a fresh beer on tap, collect a stamp and be on your way!!
1st Prize: Tofino Food & Wine Festival! (Two night stay for two people at Pacific Sands)
2nd Prize: 4 tickets to the Great Canadian Beer Festival, gcbf.com
3rd Prize: 2 tickets to Fernwood Bites, fernwoodnrg.ca
Once you have collected a minimum of 4 stamps from a minimum of 2 territories, drop off your passport by Friday March 18th at The Hoyne Brewing Growler Station and enter to win!
More information and contest details in attached posters.
Growler Station hours:
Mon – Fri: noon to 6 pm
Sat: 11 am – 6 pm
Thank you for drinking responsibly and making arrangements for a safe ride!
Big thanks to Grady Mitchell, and the entire crew at Mosaic for coming by the other day for an interview, and a few glasses of beer. We’re big fans of what they’re doing, and with a bit of loudmouth soup in me, I gave away all my brewmaster secrets.
Kidding, of course.
Hoyne Brewing Co. did, however, get featured on their blog. And we are pumped! Thanks, Mosaic, for contributing to the success of our launch by helping spread the word.